Thursday 18 April 2013

Examples of Exhisting Digipaks

 
 
Marina and the Diamonds (The Family Jewels) Digipak
 
My eye was originally drawn to this image because of the front and back of the album. The artist gives eye contact in both of the images. I really like the contrast of black and white , and the fact that the track names are written in a handwriting font and placed carefully and clearly in white so that it stands out against the background, allows all of the attention to be drawn to the writing.
I like how simplistic but abstract these images look there are slight hints of colour in the background of the images however the saturation has been decreased which makes this almost unoticable.
 I think that a font similar to this may look effective on the Digipak I will be creating.

Rihanna (Loud) Digipak
 
This design is very simplistic and again shows a closeup of the artists face on both the back and front cover. The CD's have very simple images on them of roses however the combination of the red and pink roses with Rihanna's skin tone is aesthetically pleasing and works well together. I will be using the same colour scheme in my Digipak. I have noticed that during a fair few Digipak cases the inner pictures are all one image split into 3, however I think I would like to use different images for each inner square on my Digipak.
 
 

 
Florence and the Machine (Lungs)  Digipak
 
Florence and the machine uses quite abstract images in her Digipak. As the Album is called 'Lungs' there is an image of the artist with a pair of lungs showing under her top in reference to the album name on the fron cover. The artists name is located at the top centre of the image and the album name at the bottom centre. The album overall is attractive and abstract which defines the artist. The colour scheme is kept the same throughout. I will be looking to create something abstract but simplistic during the process of creating the Digipak for my Music Video.
 
I have noticed that all of these exhisting artists Digipaks have the Artists face on the front of the album cover most of the time with the artist facing the camera with direct eye contact to draw the viewer in. The actual CD is usually a simpler image such as hands with Florence's album or simply just a colour or pattern. There is also the Artists name written on the front of the album cover and a range of tracks on the album listed across the back of the case. The inside of the Digipak are usually an image of the artist again but of them sainging or slightly abstract and less dramatic as the front image. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment